The “Take Action” activities below help move forward the work outlined in the Community Health Improvement Plan and/or assist our partners in their work. Please take a look at the list below and participate in as many activities as possible. Additional activities will be added to this page, sent out via email, and posted on the Partnership’s Facebook page as they become available. For more information, email HendricksHealthPartnership@gmail.com.
1. Complete Your 2017 Partner Profile – The information will be used to help us keep an updated list of partners and community resources, as well as identify partner needs over the next year.
2. Join a Work Group, Committee, or Coalition – See the list below and email HendricksHealthPartnership@gmail.com if you have any questions.
a. Hendricks County Substance Abuse Task Force – The Task Force meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 8:30 A.M. at Hendricks Regional Health, Conference Rooms 7/8. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
b. Tobacco Free Hendricks County – This coalition meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 3:00 P.M. at Mental Health America of Hendricks County (75 Queensway Drive, Avon). Email email@example.com for more information.
c. Physical Activity and Nutrition Work Group – Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about upcoming meetings.
d. Mental Wellness Work Group – Email email@example.com for more information about upcoming meetings.
e. Accessing and Utilizing Health Care Work Group – Email Sharon.Thompson@hendricks.org for more information about upcoming meetings.
f. Substance Abuse Work Group – Email HendricksHealthPartnership@gmail.com for information about upcoming meetings.
g. Health Communications and Outreach Committee – If you are an expert or have an interest in developing mass communication for the public and media about health and available services in Hendricks County, email HendricksHealthPartnership@gmail.com.
3. Become a Preferred Provider or Preferred Employer for the Indiana Tobacco Quitline – If you work with patients and clients who use tobacco, or you work in employee benefits, become a Preferred Provider/Employer for the Quitline to receive FREE information and materials to begin referring to the Quitline’s FREE tobacco cessation resources. Visit www.in.gov/quitline to enroll today!
4. Become a Referral Partner for the BABY & ME – Tobacco Free Program – If you work with pregnant women who smoke, become a Referral Partner to receive FREE information and materials about the program that provides free prenatal cessation counseling, postpartum follow-up, baby gear, and $25 monthly diaper vouchers to successful participants. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll today!
5. Share Your Upcoming Events and Training – Send information about upcoming events, training, volunteer and job opportunities, and more to HendricksHealthPartnership@gmail.com for us to share with partners.
6. Share news about the Hendricks County Health Department’s Overdose Reversal Training and Free Naloxone program. This program is open to anyone in the county who is in contact with someone struggling with opioid misuse or abuse. Participants receive free Overdose Reversal Training, as well as a free Naloxone kit to take home in case of emergency. To schedule an appointment, call Jenna Prihoda at (317) 745-9618.